In today’s world there are so many different people, different personalities and so much more! The phrase “Express Yourself” means something different for each person.
So, what does “expressing yourself” mean to you?
It should be something that you feel passionate about both through verbal and non-verbal communication. For example, the way you dress, through sports, music and so much more.
What advice can I give for being able to express yourself?
- Don’t let others dictate what you do and do not do.
- Be confident in who you are.
- Be persistent and show people that this is you.
What are the benefits of expressing yourself?
- You’ll be able to enjoy yourself more
- Establishes healthier boundaries
You are able to think about your feelings in a much clearer mindset which allows you to evolve into a more grounded person when in a challenging position. This leads to being able to reinforce boundaries more efficiently.
- Improves connections with yourself and others
- Create the creativity in you
When you explore the way you express yourself, you dive deeper to your creativity in other areas of your life as well and you’ll feel more at ease and attract fresher views.
- Reduces your fear and calms your anxiety
- Extended sense of time
Expression gets right to the point and doesn’t waste your time. It also allows you to think about time and develop. You may even enjoy yourself! Time slows when you concentrate on detail and your extended awareness of time will give you a different attitude about what you want to do with your time.
- That expressing yourself may be difficult as others may not always accept your decisions but don’t let this stop you from being you want to be.
- Also, you may feel afraid when you first try something new but that’s ok too.
- Lastly, don’t try and please everyone!
How can risk taking affect you expressing yourself?
There’s always going to be an element of risk taking when you are expressing yourself as even though the world it changing and we are moving away from the stereotypes of how we should act for the gender we identify as, there is still that perception that if we are different from the societal norms, we will be treated differently. However, that shouldn’t stop you from being who you want to be!
Here are some links if you want to find out more;