Over the past couple of weeks, the cases in COVID-19 have fluctuated and within Wales and England, we have had local lockdowns!
On that list are;
In England, Bolton, Greater Manchester, Leicester, Luton, Northampton, North East of England, North West of England, West Midlands and West Yorkshire are in local lockdown!
In Wales, Caerphilly, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Blaenau Gwent County Borough, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough, Newport City and Bridgend are in local lockdown!
However, coming into place on Saturday 26th September at 6pm, Llanelli is going into local lockdown. On Sunday 27th September at 6pm, another two more areas in Wales are going into local lockdown. These are; Cardiff and Swansea.
From Monday 28th September at 6pm, Neath Port Talbot, Vale of Glamorgan and Torfaen will also be going into local lockdown.
What are the new rules?
- We must wear a face covering in shops if you are aged over 11.
- Can no longer meet with people from other households indoors. Extended households will not be allowed and overnight stays will be banned.
- Cannot enter or leave the borough council area without a “reasonable excuse”. This includes work, if people are unable to work from home, as well as making a compassionate visit to a loved one or to provide care.
- Can only meet others outdoors
- Pubs, clubs and restaurants shut at 10pm
- Gatherings no more than 6 people can meet at a time, inside
For further information go to Gov.org to find out more about specific areas!
Feeling worried about a second lockdown, visit our ‘need help?’ page on the Platfform4yp website to find the help and support you need!