I’m normally quite a busy person, but I wanted to start meditating each day to help reduce my anxiety before bed. I discovered this quick and simple visualisation that calms me down after a stressful day.
- Sit in a comfortable position with both feet flat on the ground. Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath in, and a slow breath out.
- Imagine you’re a candle, with the wick coming from the top of your head.
- Now imagine lighting the candle and feeling a soft warm glow on the top of your head.
- Now that warmth travels down your face and neck. Notice it travel all the way down your body, and imagine all your stresses and worries melting away
- with the heat. When the warmth reaches your feet, enjoy that moment for a bit.
- Notice how your body feels nice and relaxed.
Why don’t you give this simple meditation a go yourself? You can do it alone, with a friend or family member. I hope you find it relaxing!